Sunday 1 January 2017

Glamorous Grandma - 81st Birthday - January 2017


My first cake of 2017!

I wasn't sure what to do with this cake as the lady's favourite colour is green!  

The only thing I could think of was leaves. Then, of course, you have to have flowers. I wanted to try my own flowers instead of buying ready made ones. And I don't think these look too bad. I really proud of the fact that, with the exception of the board and the ribbon - I made the whole thing!


I used 3X basic sponge mix with one coloured in green, in the middle. I made a small cascade down the one side to add something special.

I'm not overly happy about the ribbon, but it was difficult to source my usual items due to the Festive period and my cakey-bakey shop being closed. I won't be using this ribbon again!

I hope she likes it 


The middle layer is a wonderful colour green!

Image source: David

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...