Thursday 17 August 2017

Chocolate Shoes


Yes, you read that correctly, shoes made from chocolate.  

I am far from a chocolatier, until today, the most amazing thing I'd made with chocolate was a mess (",)   So, my first lesson for today was how to temper chocolate. There are countless 'how-to' pages and YouTube videos that show you how to do this, so I won't give the details here.

I purchased a small perspex mould from eBay and used both dark chocolate and white chocolate. 


For the dark chocolate, I used two layers in the shoe with the white chocolate as a liner.


As these are my first ever pair and I had no idea what I was doing, I think I did an alright job! 


There were a few blemishes inside the first one, so I decided to paint a rim of gold around the both. 

They also needed a little something else ... a pair of dark chocolate bows, painted in gold and, before they dried they were given a generous dusting of gold lustre dust. Perfect!

I'm also considering filling them with luxury chocolates for that extra bit of indulgence, but I'm not sure yet.

I have plans for these so keep a look out for future blog entries that they will be used for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...