Monday 26 March 2018

Carrot Cupcakes


Carrot is the flavour of this month and what better way to bring it to an end than a dozen scrummy cupcakes for a birthday gift.  

For my delicious, easy carrot cake mix, see here.

I made half with a basic buttercream frosting with a little orange stripe. Before adding the buttercream to the piping bag, A ran a thin line of orange food colour down the one side of the bag, then filled it with the buttercream and piped, using a star nozzle ...


and the other half with a cream cheese frosting. For these, I used a round nozzle, I'd never used one before and definitely need a bit more practice with it.


Once topped they were decorated with milk chocolate carrots I managed to source, these were wrapped to look like carrots and I thought they were a change from fondant ones.

Even though these are for my brother-in-law's birthday, they would also make a sweet addition to any Easter tea table.

Here is a full list of all the carrot cake projects I have published so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...